10th August 2019
Top 5 Tips When Implementing an ERP Solution
- Do not automate inefficient processes. Use the opportunity to review your current business processes and see how you can leverage the ERP system to achieve your objectives. Do not simply replicate functions from your existing system or reproduce the same Excel reports currently in use.
- Digital transformation is not just about implementing one IT system. It is an ongoing process, and you need to have a technology investment road map to support this transformation.
- When you implement an ERP system, do not just focus on accounting functions or inventory tracking. A complete ERP solution encompass CRM, warehouse management and bar code devices, mobility applications, customer acknowledgement on tablets, electronic banking, integration with 3PL, automatic collection of production data from machines and more.
- Reporting is not analytics! Reporting is focused on the past;whereas analytics provide insights on why and how it happened. A reporting tool in your ERP system is not the same as in-built Business Intelligence functions within your ERP system.
- Secure your business data. As your company becomes more dependent on the ERP system, the importance of system uptime and data security increases. A discussion with your vendor on backup and high availability solutions, as well as data protection best practices, is critical in preventing business disruptions.